Seriously?

I just have to ask...

Is there some sort of requirement that says if you work construction you have to be a jerky driver? Because honestly, I have personally had 4 separate experiences in the past week dealing with men driving trucks with the name of a construction company painted on the door or who are clearly in contracting work of some sort. I know, this is stereotyping (and my BIL, for example, drives a construction truck and is most certainly, NOT a jerk), but WHAT GIVES?

Because I now am out of the house much earlier for work, I know I experience more of this because of the time of day, but gimme a break. I'm up early working too! Just because you're up early and driving a truck doesn't mean you get to "roll over" all the rest of us (figuratively speaking). I had one guy almost ram the front of my car because he thought I was trying to head him off for the Jack-in-the-Box drive-thru. Honestly? Are you kidding me? I was merely swinging a wide turn to get INTO the line because I can't enter the drive-thru from the driveway he did because of the direction I was heading on the street!! No medium Diet Coke is worth that hassle!

I would have let this notion go but I had yet another incident happen this morning bringing the total to 4. I was at a light near my house. It has JUST turned green and I let my foot off the break to engage the clutch and the guy is honking at me. Now seriously, I wasn't distracting and he'd been sitting there a fraction of a second... did he NEED to honk? Come on!

I feel better having gotten this off my chest. Now I must go back to work. I've been having stomach problems the past few days that don't seem to be improving (I think I ate something wrong on Sunday that still is affecting me) and then, this morning, I work up with a raging headache. Too bad this is the busiest day so far at work! I pray I make it through the day without face-planting into my ergonomically correct keyboard!

Comments

  1. Chris is now out of that group, but I tend to agree with you there. Adding insult to injury, I drive the 710 around 6-6:30am few days/week, which is the port highway, so add into it the mack trucks, one which I honked at this morning for nearly taking me out sideways. Just NO FUN. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts