Four years ago...
... he captured my heart.
Sure, it was our first date and I was undeniably vulnerable. I was back in my hometown after a long absence and a very fresh, very scary illness. I had my family here, which was a complete blessing, but not a friend to speak of living in the area. In some ways, I was alone. Yet, in spite of all that, I took a risk. I went to meet a man I met, *GASP* on the computer! I went from feeling nonchalant about the whole experience the night before as we made plans by phone, to completely nervous and giddily frantic as I got ready that morning. Before we even met, I knew there was something different about this date with this man.
Maybe it was because he is incredibly bright and sweet. Or perhaps his goofy sense of humor and his handsome face won me over. Actually, I think it was all of that and much more...
As he paced in front of the Bank of America that afternoon when I first saw him face-to-face, I felt something in my heart. It wasn't overwhelming, like some flash of lightening or burning passion. Rather, my heart just felt warm and content. And well, the feeling never went away. I felt it this morning when I kissed him good-bye and I'll feel it tonight when he sings me one of his little songs to welcome me home as I walk in the door.
I remember most of our first date incredibly clearly to this day and I keep meaning to write it all down and store it away for the days when I don't remember it as well. It's a great story and the chapters to that story just keep on comin'!
I love you babe. Happy First Date Anniversary!
(For those of you looking for scrapbooking pages or photos, more are coming tonight... promise!)
Sure, it was our first date and I was undeniably vulnerable. I was back in my hometown after a long absence and a very fresh, very scary illness. I had my family here, which was a complete blessing, but not a friend to speak of living in the area. In some ways, I was alone. Yet, in spite of all that, I took a risk. I went to meet a man I met, *GASP* on the computer! I went from feeling nonchalant about the whole experience the night before as we made plans by phone, to completely nervous and giddily frantic as I got ready that morning. Before we even met, I knew there was something different about this date with this man.
Maybe it was because he is incredibly bright and sweet. Or perhaps his goofy sense of humor and his handsome face won me over. Actually, I think it was all of that and much more...
As he paced in front of the Bank of America that afternoon when I first saw him face-to-face, I felt something in my heart. It wasn't overwhelming, like some flash of lightening or burning passion. Rather, my heart just felt warm and content. And well, the feeling never went away. I felt it this morning when I kissed him good-bye and I'll feel it tonight when he sings me one of his little songs to welcome me home as I walk in the door.
I remember most of our first date incredibly clearly to this day and I keep meaning to write it all down and store it away for the days when I don't remember it as well. It's a great story and the chapters to that story just keep on comin'!
I love you babe. Happy First Date Anniversary!
(For those of you looking for scrapbooking pages or photos, more are coming tonight... promise!)

Happy "First Date Anniversary"! :) That sounds like something Tom and I would celebrate--we love to remember special anniversaries. :)
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about those "warm and contented" feelings. I felt that way with Tom, too, which made our relationship different from anything else I had ever experienced.
So glad you found your man--you sure make a cute couple! From time to time Tom and I talk about what a fun addition Steve is to the family!
~Katie Johnson