I must be old...

... cause today I got two kids making out in front of my office in trouble. Well, actually, let me clarify...

I have a bank of windows to the left of my desk. Blinds cover these windows, but I leave them slightly open for some light. There is a table and two chairs outside of these windows. Said face-sucking couple has been swapping spit at this table on 9 different occasions in the last month. How do I know this? I have kept a tally. Why? Because this isn't the occasional peck... it's full-on making out, girl often sitting in guy's lap in plain view of my desk, the front door of our office and anyone walking by this area. It's not a "private nook" or anything.

Now, let me be clear, I'm all for small PDAs (like holding hands, hugs and the occasional kiss), but this was just too much. Oh, and let me add that I'd look away, but basically they're in my peripheral vision if I am working on the computer (which is almost a constant). Today one of my students asked them to move as they were distracting. Said spit-swapping couple moved for about an hour and then they returned and were back at it. So, I called the public safety people. They came and talked to them but could not do any more than the stern warning.

Said couple gave me dirty looks and talked about the injustice of it all for a good 20 minutes after they were talked to by the officers (I could hear the girl talking). Then, they left. Good riddance these young'ns.

Yes, I guess I'm old. But PLEASE... get a room! I hope for the sake of my co-workers, that they don't come back. And well, if they do, I have 4 days left here... :)

Comments

Popular Posts