Exhausted...

... but in a good way.

The new job is going very well, but it's sorta like being thrown in the ocean with a life jacket on, but not knowing how to swim. I have my skills and experience to hold me up, but the entire field I'm in is foreign to me, so it's going to take awhile to feel like I'm not just being swept up with the tide and no control over where I'm going. My body is also having difficulty adjusting to the hours, but I know that will get better. I used to get up at the same time I do now every day, but I got out of the habit... now I've got to get back into the habit.

The good news about the job is that everyone seems really nice so far, I've got my own office and I get an hour for lunch. It's also very nice to not be punching a clock. I know that has its downsides also, but for me, this is MUCH less stressful.

The rest of the good news? I'm going to post another layout I did a long time ago. The bad news? I forgot my camera on Mother's Day, so no pics. Needless to say it was a great afternoon. DH's grilled beef was superb, the rest of the side dishes were excellent and the dessert I bought at Costco was quite tasty. I also made cards for everyone (mom, grandma and godmothers), but forgot to take pictures of those as well. OOPS! I hope that this weekend is filled with time to clean my house, time to catch up on sleep and time to scrapbook!

Let's see, there are some Rhonna Farrer stamps with some metallic Cat Eye ink on this page, and some Fancy Pants chipboard that I inked, some Heidi Swapp letters that I inked, some Quick Quotes and Basic Grey patterned papers and some Bazzill cardstock. The picture doesn't do it justice... this page is pretty cool in person.

More updates later this week!

Comments

  1. So glad to hear the new gig is going well - harder work it sounds like, but a challenge - yay for challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts