EXCUSE ME?

So, I just got a voicemail on my phone at work.

It was a gentleman returning my call.

He decided to share with me that it was his "pet peeve" to have to listen to a "long, rambling message in order to wait for the phone number because he has difficulty hearing."

Yes, I'm certain listening to voicemail when you can't hear the whole message may be frustrating (however, most stationary phones have a volume dial or button to help with that problem). And yes, perhaps I should have listed my phone number first, however I have a REAL problem with the "long, rambling" part of his statement. You see, I have a set message I leave for everyone I call for this particular issue. So, I decided to time myself to see if it was, in fact, LONG and RAMBLING.

The message could not have been more than 40 seconds. I repeated it, out loud while timing myself, four times and averaged 34 seconds. 34 seconds! That's long and rambling? Seriously?

And honestly, I don't care WHAT your pet peeve is dude. You telling a total stranger your pet peeve on a voicemail message in a professional setting is MY pet peeve! Sheesh... I'm sure you're just a peach to work with...

Oh well, at least he returned my call.

Back to all my deadline work. It wouldn't be bad except my head has been killing me all day and Advil will not touch this one.

Comments

  1. Wow, um, yeah, he sucks. And he should count himself lucky it's not me leaving him VMs - cause if he wants long and rambly I surely can give that to him for ya. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts