Another quickie...

Hopefully I haven't lost all of my readers after posting about ONJ... all 8 of you! ;) If you'd like, I can bust out some Neil Diamond "America"... OK, OK, I won't. And as far as Neil goes, I only know the songs because as a very young child I was forced to listen to him over and over by my dad and his girlfriend. My mom has different taste in music. All of my love of Brazilian-inspired music and jazz comes from her.

Well, here are the cards I made for people when I left my old job. There's one missing... the big boss' card. I don't know if I didn't take a photo, or didn't upload it to Flickr, but it's not here. Oh well! My mom asked me why I took the time to make them cards and I said I wanted to be the person who did what I could to leave on good terms regardless of what I thought of anyone.

I realized I need to work on using/developing/finding more "manly" embellishments. Ah well, it's not a huge issue, just something that struck me when I looked at these cards.

There's not much else new to share. Work is busy this week. I'm attending my first marketing event tomorrow afternoon, I have two proposals due Friday, next Friday I go to Las Vegas for a training and I've still got this tradeshow to finish organizing! Photo shoots are going well. I've got a infant/toddler shoot this Sunday and an infant shoot on the 28th of July. I still have to edit some more photos from the last infant shoot I did, although the pictures turned out pretty great. Here's one:

I learned a lot at this shoot and have made some changes to some "go to" camera settings, but I also felt pretty good about what I did get. I wish I'd gotten more in sharp focus, but when you're committed to shooting in natural light and you're inside it is a bit tougher, especially with a squirmy baby. I'm learning, though...

As for DH, he's doing well at his job, still looking for something permanent and considering getting more educational training in his specialty to improve his marketability. I'm so proud of him!

We're hoping to maybe plan a long weekend trip to San Francisco sometime before September and maybe a trip to see DH's grandma in Mexico closer to the end of the year. I don't know what next year holds just yet, but there's a little part of me that wants to keep a deal I made with my mom to go to Italy with her for her 60th birthday. I wonder if we can make that work financially? I know we're going to be moving soon to a bigger place, so we'll see what happens and if we can afford it.

For now, I'd be content with a trip to see "Oceans 13,"a massage and a nice dinner somewhere outside on a terrace right here in town. Maybe this weekend...

Comments

Popular Posts