Happy April !?!
What the heck? How is it April already? Shocking, really... this year seems to be just flying by!
It was a good three-day weekend for me. On Friday I took care of some things around the house, worked on touching up some new photos and sent a few to Costco for printing and then packed up to go crop in Carlsbad. The traffic was simply awful. I don't know if it was that it was vacation for some people, or just Friday or what, but it took me twice as long to get there as it should, even on a weekday. UGH. Two straight hours in the car to go somewhere I can usually get to in 45 minutes! But, I finally made it and set up my cropping area. I ended up staying until 11:30 p.m. Since there was a crop that night and I either could stay for an hour and then leave (which after spending 2 hours getting there was NOT an option) or pay $12, get a discount on anything I purchased and start cropping early and stay 'til midnight if I wanted to do so. I chose the latter. I had a great time... better than usual. I cropped across from a woman named Jean. An older woman... probably in her 60s or 70s. What an awesome woman! She was making a scrapbook to commemorate her pastor's 20th anniversary at their church. She was putting so much time, talent and money into this album. It was great to sit across from someone so talented and grounded. I hope I'm that happy and lively at that age!
On Saturday, I slept in a bit and then went out to run a few errands. I mailed a 1st Birthday package to my surrogate nephew in Colorado and picked up some colored pencils for my hubby (to encourage his sketching) and some adhesive for me. After I returned (with drinks from Starbucks), we headed out to the movies. We saw "Blades of Glory" with Will Ferrell and Jon Heder. What a riot! Not the funniest movie I've seen, but quite goofy and entertaining. We used passes we received as a Christmas gift for the tickets. What a treat! We so rarely GO to the movie theatre nowadays because it's so pricey. After the movie we went to one of our favorite Japanese places for dinner (cooked rolls, some hot items and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert). A fun date night for us!
Yesterday we skipped church because we are taking care of my dad's house and animals which required me to get to his house by 6:45 to take the dog for a long walk, feed her and the cat and check on the house. When I got home I fell back asleep and woke up reaaaally late. Ooops! When I woke up, I made myself a sandwich and worked on cleaning at home. Later in the day I picked up smoothies for us and made some phone calls. Later in the evening, DH's mom came by and dropped off some tulips for me (my favorite), cool coffee mugs and coffee she picked up for us while visiting DH's grandmother in Morelia, Mexico. My evening ended with walking dad's dog again and hitting the hay! All in all a good weekend!
I did take pictures of some more pages I completed and will post those this evening. I'm hoping to finish a few more things tonight and tomorrow night and then will have to spend the next few nights grading the rest of my students' papers to hand back on Friday. Then I'll be spending the weekend putting together Easter baskets and getting ready for Easter.
On a final note, it looks as though Ali Edwards' button (see the left side of my blog) was the top donation getter in the Six Degrees contest. If you didn't donate, you still can, but the donation won't count toward the matching total. If you donated, thank you! Sorry this update isn't more thrilling, but I'm trying to make regular blog entries and hope to post more pics tonight!
Have a good Monday (or as good of a Monday as possible)!
It was a good three-day weekend for me. On Friday I took care of some things around the house, worked on touching up some new photos and sent a few to Costco for printing and then packed up to go crop in Carlsbad. The traffic was simply awful. I don't know if it was that it was vacation for some people, or just Friday or what, but it took me twice as long to get there as it should, even on a weekday. UGH. Two straight hours in the car to go somewhere I can usually get to in 45 minutes! But, I finally made it and set up my cropping area. I ended up staying until 11:30 p.m. Since there was a crop that night and I either could stay for an hour and then leave (which after spending 2 hours getting there was NOT an option) or pay $12, get a discount on anything I purchased and start cropping early and stay 'til midnight if I wanted to do so. I chose the latter. I had a great time... better than usual. I cropped across from a woman named Jean. An older woman... probably in her 60s or 70s. What an awesome woman! She was making a scrapbook to commemorate her pastor's 20th anniversary at their church. She was putting so much time, talent and money into this album. It was great to sit across from someone so talented and grounded. I hope I'm that happy and lively at that age!
On Saturday, I slept in a bit and then went out to run a few errands. I mailed a 1st Birthday package to my surrogate nephew in Colorado and picked up some colored pencils for my hubby (to encourage his sketching) and some adhesive for me. After I returned (with drinks from Starbucks), we headed out to the movies. We saw "Blades of Glory" with Will Ferrell and Jon Heder. What a riot! Not the funniest movie I've seen, but quite goofy and entertaining. We used passes we received as a Christmas gift for the tickets. What a treat! We so rarely GO to the movie theatre nowadays because it's so pricey. After the movie we went to one of our favorite Japanese places for dinner (cooked rolls, some hot items and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert). A fun date night for us!
Yesterday we skipped church because we are taking care of my dad's house and animals which required me to get to his house by 6:45 to take the dog for a long walk, feed her and the cat and check on the house. When I got home I fell back asleep and woke up reaaaally late. Ooops! When I woke up, I made myself a sandwich and worked on cleaning at home. Later in the day I picked up smoothies for us and made some phone calls. Later in the evening, DH's mom came by and dropped off some tulips for me (my favorite), cool coffee mugs and coffee she picked up for us while visiting DH's grandmother in Morelia, Mexico. My evening ended with walking dad's dog again and hitting the hay! All in all a good weekend!
I did take pictures of some more pages I completed and will post those this evening. I'm hoping to finish a few more things tonight and tomorrow night and then will have to spend the next few nights grading the rest of my students' papers to hand back on Friday. Then I'll be spending the weekend putting together Easter baskets and getting ready for Easter.
On a final note, it looks as though Ali Edwards' button (see the left side of my blog) was the top donation getter in the Six Degrees contest. If you didn't donate, you still can, but the donation won't count toward the matching total. If you donated, thank you! Sorry this update isn't more thrilling, but I'm trying to make regular blog entries and hope to post more pics tonight!
Have a good Monday (or as good of a Monday as possible)!

Comments
Post a Comment