Busy, busy girl...
This is New Year's Eve 2004. Not the best pictures, especially considering I think they were taken with a disposable camera that I was trying to use up so I could develop the film... but they do represent us in all our goofiness!
PP: Heidi Grace Flocked
Cardstock: Bazzill Scalloped and Paper Company (journaling and lettering)
Letters: Cut at Ever After using Die-Cutter
Champagne Glasses: Jolee's
Bling (circle and jewels): Heidi Swapp
This page goes with the other birthday pages I posted a couple of weeks ago. These are the "candles" pictures from my Grandma's birthday in 2004. I used the photos for a class I took last year and hated the layout, so I ripped off the photos, tossed the layout and re-mounted the photos here. I love how I caught the light of the candles in her face.PP: Basic Grey
Cardstock: Bazzill
Sticker Letters: American Crafts
Flower Stamps: Autumn Leaves
Buttons: Making Memories and Benno's Buttons
Ric-Rac: May Arts
Here's something a bit more recent. I gave my girlfriend Danielle a baby shower in Colorado last year before the birth of her son, Noah. The shower theme was "Pickles and Ice Cream" and I thought these colors and patterns were very baby and went with the shower theme!
PP: MME Tres Jolie
Cardstock: Bazzill
Transparency Frames: MME Tres Jolie
Buttons: MME Tres Jolie and Benno's Buttons
Rub-ons: Making Memories and Basic Grey
Lettering: Toon cut at Ever After
Ribbon Trim: Making Memories
Chipboard Flower: Deluxe Designs covered with Bazzill
Lots of Cat-Eye Ink on this layout also (lime green and rouge)
Here's a quick card I made for my dear, sweet friend Amy. I wanted to thank her for helping me with a project and whipped this up for her.
PP: American Crafts (ala Carte)
Card: JoAnn's
Flower: American Crafts
Brad: Making Memories
Stamp: Michael's $1 stamp
Cardstock: Bazzill
Cat-Eye ink (dark brown)
And finally, my Ali Edwards-inspired creative manifesto. I did the journaling long ago, but didn't like any layout ideas I came up with. Finally, I saw this new Basic Grey paper and realized it went perfectly with the rug in our family room where my desk is right now. I am buying a frame this weekend (Michaels 40% off coupon) and I'm going to hang this above my desk to always remind me.
PP: Basic Grey
Flowers: American Crafts
Brads: Making Memories
Stamps: Fontwerks
Journaling reads:
My Creative Guideposts...
If it’s from my heart it’s good.
It’s time to stop doubting and start living. When I create, it’s usually from my heart, so why
question what I create as not being “good enough.” Things from my heart, created with
love are good. It’s that simple.
No one judges my work as harshly as I do, so just let go and create!
I am my own worst critic and it’s time that stopped! The more I can let go of my own inner critic and just make things that are pleasing and make me happy, the better my work will become.
I can’t make anyone else happy until I’m happy myself.
This is less about creating and more about living. It’s time to embrace who I am and what I do.
It is only when I can look at myself and be happy with what I see that I will truly be an ideal wife and person.
Relax!
One of the reasons I do this as my hobby is because it’s relaxing for me. If I get too stressed out
or put too much pressure on myself when creating, it takes the pleasure out of it for me.
So, I just need to stay relaxed.
Find pleasure in the process…
The end isn’t always in the destination, but in the journey as well. Yes, I want to end up with creations that make my family and I happy and projects I think are beautiful... but the journey toward the finished project is just as important.
Have fun…
That’s it. Have fun no matter what!
Be contented with who I am and where I’m at…
This is my motto right now. Strive to be more and do more, all the while being contented with who I am and where I am in life right now.
Thanks for looking! Tomorrow brings pictures of sleeping brothers and, hopefully, some other previews for the weekend!

Comments
Post a Comment