Rainy days and misty, watercolor memories...
That's part of the lyrics of a song. Which song I can't remember right now. That's really helpful, right?
Well, it's been raining here the past 2 days. I like the rain, although I am not sure I'd like it as much if I lived in the rain all the time. I really don't know.
Anyway, it's been good that's it's raining because it kinda mimics how I've been feeling. I either got some sort of bug, or I got food poisoning Monday night. UGH. I was puking all through Monday night and periodically yesterday. How miserable! On top of it all, we're staying with my mom right now since our building was tented (finally) for termites on Monday morning. So, while I had hoped to scrapbook with my mom (or at least get her hooked on the idea of putting photos in albums since my entire "childhood" sits in stacks in some Rubbermaid bins) and do all this great stuff, I've been puking, pooping and sleeping. I also missed work, which is going to prove problematic when I go back tomorrow, but oh well. I can't very well be puking at my desk. How gross!
Being here at home though has been nice. I forgot how much I enjoy a bit more space compared to our tiny apartment. I forgot how I missed the greenery and the silence of this neighborhood. I also forgot how nice it can be to be around my Mom. I love how she's really embraced my husband (although she still doesn't get some of his funny quirks) as her son-in-law. It's nice to have them both taking care of me. Mom is much more practical, yet still loving in her care. DH is more cuddly ... but I needed both the past two days. Usually I try and suffer rather silently when I'm sick, but this time I just soaked in the sympathy. I think if I hadn't, I'd probably still be far more sick.
Anyway, I did a lot of creating before I got sick and didn't post any of it. I'll have to do that. Also, a lot of stuff is about to hit the fan (I hope, in a good way) and I should probably write it all down. Isn't that what this blog is for?
Well, ta-ta for now. I have to go find some VitaWater.
Well, it's been raining here the past 2 days. I like the rain, although I am not sure I'd like it as much if I lived in the rain all the time. I really don't know.
Anyway, it's been good that's it's raining because it kinda mimics how I've been feeling. I either got some sort of bug, or I got food poisoning Monday night. UGH. I was puking all through Monday night and periodically yesterday. How miserable! On top of it all, we're staying with my mom right now since our building was tented (finally) for termites on Monday morning. So, while I had hoped to scrapbook with my mom (or at least get her hooked on the idea of putting photos in albums since my entire "childhood" sits in stacks in some Rubbermaid bins) and do all this great stuff, I've been puking, pooping and sleeping. I also missed work, which is going to prove problematic when I go back tomorrow, but oh well. I can't very well be puking at my desk. How gross!
Being here at home though has been nice. I forgot how much I enjoy a bit more space compared to our tiny apartment. I forgot how I missed the greenery and the silence of this neighborhood. I also forgot how nice it can be to be around my Mom. I love how she's really embraced my husband (although she still doesn't get some of his funny quirks) as her son-in-law. It's nice to have them both taking care of me. Mom is much more practical, yet still loving in her care. DH is more cuddly ... but I needed both the past two days. Usually I try and suffer rather silently when I'm sick, but this time I just soaked in the sympathy. I think if I hadn't, I'd probably still be far more sick.
Anyway, I did a lot of creating before I got sick and didn't post any of it. I'll have to do that. Also, a lot of stuff is about to hit the fan (I hope, in a good way) and I should probably write it all down. Isn't that what this blog is for?
Well, ta-ta for now. I have to go find some VitaWater.

Hope you start feeling better soon! Looking forward to seeing what you created! (And well, I'm so glad I live way up in Canada where there are way fewer bugs. I hate bugs!) Kim
ReplyDeleteHey Kimberly! Where are you? I've been checking!
ReplyDeleteHope you are okay! Kim