My Top 12... Creating Essentials
So, Ali Edwards' challenge this week is to talk about my essential scrapping items... and this took some thought! I, by NO means, have the "stash" that most serious scrapbookers possess, so what I have, I treasure. I wanted to be comprehensive, but not boring, so here's my list!
1. Fiskars portable trimmer - Yeah, seems obvious, but I have found a lot of people don't use a trimmer, but something else. This trimmer, that I can slip in my bag or tote, is essential for me. I am purchasing their newest trimmer that has a non-bowing guide for the blade. Yay! Even straighter cuts now!
2. Adhesive - I am torn. I like the adhesives I use but the cost adds up fast! I use a Henzo tape runner from Michaels and the Therm-O-Web XL adhesive runner that has refills, also from Michaels. One is clear, one is little white strips. I also use Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive (glue) for wet projects and Glue Dots for other, dimensional stuff. I'm considering moving to the ATG gun by Scotch... hmmm, we'll see.
3. CM Cutting System - The only CM thing I really am tied to and still use. I love the circle cutter and I also use the border cutter fairly often. Ovals, not so much, but I have them if I want to use them. I also love the cutting mat. I am considering investing in the EK Curvy Cutter for really big circles... eventually.
4. Computer and printer - I use my computer for a lot of my journaling. I LOVE all the fonts I can get nowadays! I also print the occasional photo with the printer, but I mostly save the printer for other things and leave the photo developing up to Costco.
5. Xacto knife - I love Xactoing out patterns and prints for pages. It's such a cool effect using paper you ALREADY have and saves a ton on embellishments. I'll post some examples in a bit.
6. Cat Eye Chalk Ink - Love it... a soft enhancement to edges of pages and photos. I love all the colors you can get of it also. Now that I've started using stamps, I find that I love the images made when using these inks to stamp.
7. Black and White Gel Pens - Love the Uniball White Signo from Stampin' Up and the Sakura black Gelly Roll pens, as well as the Zig felt tip pens with one tip on each side.
8. Scissors - I keep two pairs, a fine tip and a regular pair on hand for trimming, etc. Love when scissors are sharp and I'm very protective of what these scissors are used to do!
9. Rub-ons - I have a THING for rub-ons. I love alphabet rub-ons (Making Memories and American Crafts) for lettering and designs (Basic Grey, Creative Imaginations and American Crafts) for punching things up. And 7Gypsies rubs... I can't get enough of them!
10. Patterned Papers - OK, maybe this is a given, but a lot of people seem to be content with lots of cardstock only pages. I like those sometimes, but gimme a good pattern and I'm golden. My top three right now- 7Gypsies, Basic Grey and American Crafts. Runners up? Foofala, MOD and Scenic Route.
11. Cardstock - I'm not a Bazzill snob. I love Bazzill, but I can do pages without it. I keep white 8.5 x 11 on hand to print journaling, but for pages, I like black, brown and white most often. I seem to be moving to more brights and this makes me happy... we'll see where I go next.
12. Photos - I love photography. I'm working on improving my skills, but I take pretty OK photos right now. Man, a great photo MAKES a page. I don't care how great of an artist you are, a bad photo can put a damper on a page. Now, let me be clear, I'm not talking about technically superior photos, but photos that SAY something; photos that make you FEEL something. Those photos are the best.
There they are... MY TOP 12!! I'll be back later to post some projects I've completed lately!
1. Fiskars portable trimmer - Yeah, seems obvious, but I have found a lot of people don't use a trimmer, but something else. This trimmer, that I can slip in my bag or tote, is essential for me. I am purchasing their newest trimmer that has a non-bowing guide for the blade. Yay! Even straighter cuts now!
2. Adhesive - I am torn. I like the adhesives I use but the cost adds up fast! I use a Henzo tape runner from Michaels and the Therm-O-Web XL adhesive runner that has refills, also from Michaels. One is clear, one is little white strips. I also use Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive (glue) for wet projects and Glue Dots for other, dimensional stuff. I'm considering moving to the ATG gun by Scotch... hmmm, we'll see.
3. CM Cutting System - The only CM thing I really am tied to and still use. I love the circle cutter and I also use the border cutter fairly often. Ovals, not so much, but I have them if I want to use them. I also love the cutting mat. I am considering investing in the EK Curvy Cutter for really big circles... eventually.
4. Computer and printer - I use my computer for a lot of my journaling. I LOVE all the fonts I can get nowadays! I also print the occasional photo with the printer, but I mostly save the printer for other things and leave the photo developing up to Costco.
5. Xacto knife - I love Xactoing out patterns and prints for pages. It's such a cool effect using paper you ALREADY have and saves a ton on embellishments. I'll post some examples in a bit.
6. Cat Eye Chalk Ink - Love it... a soft enhancement to edges of pages and photos. I love all the colors you can get of it also. Now that I've started using stamps, I find that I love the images made when using these inks to stamp.
7. Black and White Gel Pens - Love the Uniball White Signo from Stampin' Up and the Sakura black Gelly Roll pens, as well as the Zig felt tip pens with one tip on each side.
8. Scissors - I keep two pairs, a fine tip and a regular pair on hand for trimming, etc. Love when scissors are sharp and I'm very protective of what these scissors are used to do!
9. Rub-ons - I have a THING for rub-ons. I love alphabet rub-ons (Making Memories and American Crafts) for lettering and designs (Basic Grey, Creative Imaginations and American Crafts) for punching things up. And 7Gypsies rubs... I can't get enough of them!
10. Patterned Papers - OK, maybe this is a given, but a lot of people seem to be content with lots of cardstock only pages. I like those sometimes, but gimme a good pattern and I'm golden. My top three right now- 7Gypsies, Basic Grey and American Crafts. Runners up? Foofala, MOD and Scenic Route.
11. Cardstock - I'm not a Bazzill snob. I love Bazzill, but I can do pages without it. I keep white 8.5 x 11 on hand to print journaling, but for pages, I like black, brown and white most often. I seem to be moving to more brights and this makes me happy... we'll see where I go next.
12. Photos - I love photography. I'm working on improving my skills, but I take pretty OK photos right now. Man, a great photo MAKES a page. I don't care how great of an artist you are, a bad photo can put a damper on a page. Now, let me be clear, I'm not talking about technically superior photos, but photos that SAY something; photos that make you FEEL something. Those photos are the best.
There they are... MY TOP 12!! I'll be back later to post some projects I've completed lately!

Comments
Post a Comment