Yeah, yeah... I'm gettin' around to it!

This is a very common phrase for me right now. I feel like things are sort of in a cyclone and I reach into the cyclone and pull something out to take care of it and hopefully reduce the amount of damage caused by things swirling around in the twister. It's like the Tasmanian Devil from the Warner Bros. cartoons is following me around.

August is a very busy month for me personally with the birthdays of my two favorite people just days apart from each other. In addition, I now have a ton of photo shoots this month and had tried to set some personal goals for myself of things to accomplish that it is now becoming clear I will not get to in a timely manner. If you add to all of this stuff at work, well, it's rather busy.

This past weekend I spent some time shopping for birthday gifts for my mom and we (Steve and I, though it was mostly Steve by the time all was said and done) spent time fixing her computer. We also spent time hauling the last of some items left in a storage closet back to our place, so now Steve has some more boxes to go through when we thought we were done... poor Steve. Needless to say, there wasn't a lot of resting time mixed in with those tasks and this weekend doesn't promise to offer much more.

This Thursday is my lovely husband's birthday and then this weekend is my mom's family party in the local mountains. I'm making fried chicken (Bobby Flay's recipe) and potato salad and dessert for the party and have been working on some games for the afternoon. I also have some photo deliveries to get to people ASAP and a bunch of CDs to distribute to old clients. EEEKS!

Now, let me be clear... I'm not complaining. I'm merely explaining why sometimes the posts are few and far between and I seem a bit frazzled. Right now, I'm just buckling down and plan to be as efficient and pleasant as possible to make it to September in tact. September brings the big tradeshow for work, so well, it will be busy then too, but not like this I hope!

To get back to the last post, we did attend the Symphony's Video Games Live concert and it was actually pretty entertaining. We had excellent seats and while we did scoot out a bit early to beat the traffic and get out of the chilled ocean air, it was a nice evening out (once we found parking amidst the ComicCon nightmare of pedestrians and traffic). I think we're going to the movies for Steve's birthday, so that will be our affordable entertainment outing for this week (we have passes).

I hope to post pictures and more soon... but for now I have to jet!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts