Recap-KneeSchmap...
Sorry, I'm out of original blog post titles right now. **SIIIIGGGHH** There's a lot of crapola happening right now that does not make me happy and well, I should be happy... it's the week of my birthday for gosh sakes! But alas, cow patties have hit the proverbial fan this week and I'm bummed out. Among other more serious items which I don't want to talk about right now, I also *just* found out that I have to move back into the shared office that I had when I first started working here after just moving my office a few months ago. Someone who used to work in our department is coming back to our office after an outside assignment. Anyway, it's a mixed blessing -- more help around here, but I have to move again and share an office. Boo!
So onto recapping August 10th's Mountain Picnic Birthday Party Extravaganza...
The Birthday Girl...
The party was held at William Heise Park. I rented a cabin at the park so we'd be sure to have enough space, plus an indoor location for the food. It was my mom's request and since it was her birthday, I did what she suggested.
Here's the cabin:

Anyway, I wanted the party to be festive and fun, but not over the top on either account since we had to lug most of the stuff up there. I used some tablecloths mom had and bought plates and stuff to match. I also ran a garland down the center of the table to keep the tablecloth down and add a bit of pizazz. I also opted to play some old-school party games including Pin the Tail on the Donkey and have a water balloon toss.
Here's a mosaic to show some of the party shots... you can see all of them if you click on the icon on the right that links to my Flickr account.



Coming up this weekend I have 2 photo sessions and next week I have another session. It's a busy time ladies and gents! So although I'm kinda bummed out right now, I hope that I'll be in better spirits by the weekend. Our (mine and Steve's) family birthday party is on Sunday.
So onto recapping August 10th's Mountain Picnic Birthday Party Extravaganza...
The Birthday Girl...
The party was held at William Heise Park. I rented a cabin at the park so we'd be sure to have enough space, plus an indoor location for the food. It was my mom's request and since it was her birthday, I did what she suggested.Here's the cabin:

Anyway, I wanted the party to be festive and fun, but not over the top on either account since we had to lug most of the stuff up there. I used some tablecloths mom had and bought plates and stuff to match. I also ran a garland down the center of the table to keep the tablecloth down and add a bit of pizazz. I also opted to play some old-school party games including Pin the Tail on the Donkey and have a water balloon toss.
All in all the day was fun. Luckily the weather was very nice and since most people tend to end their camping trips on Sundays, our area of the park was pretty deserted. Mom said she enjoyed her party and that she and grandma stayed until 11:30 at the fire ring. I got a good deal on a digital photo frame to give her as a gift so she can show off her pictures without having to print them... so overall, a success.
Here's the family, minus Steve. I took this picture in a HUGE oak tree that some people get married in front of at the park.
Here's a mosaic to show some of the party shots... you can see all of them if you click on the icon on the right that links to my Flickr account.
I have been busy editing photos from a session with April and Tom in La Jolla. Here's one of the pictures from that:

And finished editing some very belated photos of now 16-month-old Elliot from when he was just turning 1 year old:

This past weekend Steve's family came over for a party to celebrate all of our birthdays (Martha and Martha in June, Daniel in July and me and Steve in August). It was a great time with lots of yummy food, although I did give myself heat exhaustion working on the patio before they arrived! All in all it seemed like everyone had fun and it was a festive party for all! Unfortunately, because I didn't feel well, I took no pictures. Oh well... that happens sometimes, right?
Coming up this weekend I have 2 photo sessions and next week I have another session. It's a busy time ladies and gents! So although I'm kinda bummed out right now, I hope that I'll be in better spirits by the weekend. Our (mine and Steve's) family birthday party is on Sunday.
For now I must pack up and head home...

Hey...sorry you're having a tough go. I've been, and will continue to pray about one request in particular on your behalf.
ReplyDeleteYour mom's party looked/sounded like fun - great idea!
We plan to be in your area about a week before Christmas. I hope it works out to get together!
I'm sorry things have been hard lately. Do you have any fun birthday plans to relax?
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're having a rough time lately. I hope you have a fantastic birthday tomorrow (well today actually, wow it's late!) Happy Birthday!
ReplyDelete