Zip, Zip, Zip!

Everything seems like it's on fast forward lately, doesn't it? It feels like it was just Easter and now summer is halfway over! I will confess that I get a bit giddy at the end of July because it means my birthday is approaching, as is my mom's birthday and my husband's, and then the fall -- and my wedding anniversary -- will be here. I love fall!

Another example of the "fast-forwarding" going on lately would be my cousin Katie's wedding to Daniel was this past Saturday. It seems like not very long ago we were just talking about her getting engaged and now she's an "old married woman." Their wedding was very nice and as a bridesmaid I must comment that the bouquets were very pretty. The bouquet is one of the perks of being a bridesmaid (in my humble opinion), so when it's pretty, it's a real plus. Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of the bouquets someday. I say this because I did not have any pictures of my bouquet taken, nor did anyone I know take a picture of me in the dress... so, hmm... maybe I'll take a picture of the bouquet now that it is on my kitchen counter in a Guinness beer glass (it was the right size for the bouquet)? It's tough to take photos when you're in a wedding. Add the fact that I also was doing peoples' hair the morning of the wedding to me being in the wedding and well, I got almost no photos. I did snap a few at the reception though and plan to download those tonight.

I have held back from downloading new photos so that I made sure to get other photos edited. I finished photos of little Brady, whose first year of life I'm documenting for his mom and dad. He's such a cute little peanut. Here are a few photos...


I did edit lots of color photos but the black and white images seem to suit him so well for this shoot. He was such a pensive little guy this day... oh the things we did to try and get him to smile! I managed to capture a few smiles, but he's still cute, even with the solemn expression, right?

I also finished editing the photos from my cousins' Steve and Farica's wedding. I got many more images at their celebration because I wasn't in the wedding. It was a very lovely affair. To think that Farica was so sick during her wedding day is simply amazing... look at how great she looks!




After attending all of these weddings recently, I can't help but think back to my own. I must say that in retrospect, I am completely happy with all the work I put in -- with my mom and Steve's help -- to make our day what it was. There are very few things I would change (I'd hire a different caterer, but serve the same type of meal and I'd keep my mom closer to me on my actual wedding day) and thinking back our wedding was exactly what I wanted and SO us. From getting married in the same church as my grandparents to the first dance tango to the chocolate fountain -- it was all very memorable for me, yet still very meaningful and personal. Remembering it all has motivated me to get on actually ordering a small album from our photographers and getting some prints made for a small collage on our bedroom wall. It is a day I will treasure always and I'm glad I worked so hard to make it happen!

Anyway... it's back to work for me. Lunchtime is over! I plan to post more this week, but I don't like posting without photos, so I guess I'll have to edit some more!
Later gators... :)

Comments

  1. Hey, it's good to catch up...I feel like I've been away from your blog for ages! It was great to see you in person, though. =) I'm glad that worked out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts