How is it July?
Anyone feeling deja vu?
Yeah, I still stink at posting regularly. I am hopeful that my blogging will become more regular again soon. My excuses for the lack of blogging are the same, so I won't bog you down with the boring details. Onto the good stuff!
Since I last posted...
I met Steve's grandma!
She is a very sweet woman and quite spunky for her age (I believe she's 87). She and Steve have a very special relationship as she took care of him almost exclusively from the time he was a newborn to about 1-year old. She's not afraid to put Steve in his place either. He asked about one of her fingers which is slightly crooked from arthritis and she said it got that way from all the years of wiping his butt as a child! Ha! Anyway, it was nice to finally met her and know we'll see her more now that she's staying with Steve's mom.I made some stuff!
I actually (GASP, GASP) did a couple scrapbook layouts, a project for Scrappin' Attack and have made several cards. I have yet to download the pics of the layouts, but here are some of the recent cards.I went to my cousin's wedding in Truckee!


Yep, it's hard to believe the baby with the chubby little legs that I am in pictures with wearing pigtails and holding a Monchichi is now a strong, slim doctor of veterinary medicine and a husband. Steve married Farica, a very sweet young woman he met while in veterinary school and they were married on June 21. Their wedding was very personal and a pleasure to attend on a Saturday afternoon. Farica looked beautiful despite suffering from some sort of mitochrodria-caused illness that you can contract from infected cattle (which she was trying to treat)! I was amazed by her stamina and good demeanor considering she'd slept or eaten very little for several days before the wedding. Also, unfortunately for me, I got a horrible migraine in the middle of the night following their wedding day and haven't felt very well since that time. I'm not quite sure if I picked up a bug, am just overly tired or what... but it kinda stinks!I have also taken and edited lots of client photos. Man, I've got a backlog, but I'm slowly working through them all. Here's little Beckett from his recent shoot. I have some of Brady that I will post probably later this week, as well as some of the student executive officers from SDSU and others.
Work on our apartment continues. We were generously lent a steam vacuum over the weekend and I cleaned our couch and area rug. What a job! They do look cleaner though, so I guess it was worth it.
In terms of our office, I don't know if I mentioned it before but I completely organized my scrapbooking/crafting supplies using metal shelving in a small closet. The closet also houses my photography and sewing equipment. I'll have to take pictures. It's not organized to impress people (as a lot of scrapbookers tend to do... they uber-organize their space and make all matchy-match and cute, and then take pictures of it to show-off to everyone how much stuff they have... sorry for the rant, but it's true), just so that I can generally find things I'm looking for and so I'm not always standing on my head trying to find paper or buttons or whatnot. I have also made progress on decorating my half of the office and am waiting on one piece of fabric to finish up the wall area. I will photograph it all when I'm done, which should be soon!
I also picked out an entertainment unit (one that isn't $2,000 or HUGE) and some lamps we hope to get very soon for our living room. After that, it's just hanging pictures, arranging things and living.
In terms of our office, I don't know if I mentioned it before but I completely organized my scrapbooking/crafting supplies using metal shelving in a small closet. The closet also houses my photography and sewing equipment. I'll have to take pictures. It's not organized to impress people (as a lot of scrapbookers tend to do... they uber-organize their space and make all matchy-match and cute, and then take pictures of it to show-off to everyone how much stuff they have... sorry for the rant, but it's true), just so that I can generally find things I'm looking for and so I'm not always standing on my head trying to find paper or buttons or whatnot. I have also made progress on decorating my half of the office and am waiting on one piece of fabric to finish up the wall area. I will photograph it all when I'm done, which should be soon!
I also picked out an entertainment unit (one that isn't $2,000 or HUGE) and some lamps we hope to get very soon for our living room. After that, it's just hanging pictures, arranging things and living.
Coming up?
Well, the busyness doesn't end soon. I'm finishing a huge project for work, then it's onto planning the big tradeshow that happens in September, finishing my e-newsletter draft, re-creating some promotional pieces that are in desperate need of updating and any proposals that need work, of course.
I am finishing up editing the pattern for the dress I'm wearing for my cousin Katie's wedding in a few weeks. My sewing instructor is checking my work one last time this Wednesday and if she OKs everything, the dress will be cut and sewn this coming weekend and next week. I am in a short session of sewing this summer that is all about restyling garments but since I've spent most of the time on this dress pattern and making sure it fits me right, I haven't done much on my project converting a jumper to a handbag and matching skirt. Oh well.
I'm wanting to take some sort of photography course, but I think that's going to have to wait for awhile. I don't have the money or the time right now. I have been reading up on how to improve speed when you're adjusting your settings on a shoot, as well as editing in Adobe Lightroom... which should further increase my editing speed. The website is still not up and it's all my fault, but I hope it will be very soon (just a few language tweeks and editing a photo of myself -- which is my least favorite thing to do in the whole world -- for the About page are all that stand between the Captured Bliss website and the World Wide Web!
I guess that's it. More soon...

Welcome back! I was just thinking today about leaving a comment asking "How is it July!?!?" =)Funny.
ReplyDeleteSee you in a few weeks!
That is such a great picture of Steve and his abuela. Glad to see you are doing well and settling into your new place nicely!
ReplyDelete