The Rollercoaster of Life

Yeah, so I got my nap and things were going pretty well.

This morning I had to get out very early because I was scheduled to attend a two-day training in Costa Mesa and was set to pick up one of our company cars to drive to the training.

I got to the office on time and got into the office to pick up the keys. I was walking into the parking lot to transfer my stuff into the car and all of a sudden I was on the ground. I must've stepped on something and before I knew it, my right foot rolled violently to the outside and I was on my left knee and then the ground.

I was pretty sure I hadn't broken my ankle, but it hurt so bad at first I couldn't be sure. Determined to go to the conference I gave myself a pep talk as I hobbled to my car, grabbed my bags and tossed them into the company car. I started to drive and it was just hurting more and more. I called my husband and he told me to pull into a gas station and get some ice. Ice it for 15 minutes and then decide what to do.

Sitting in that parking lot with a whole party bag full of ice next to my ankle I decided there was no way I was going anywhere. While my DH came to "rescue" me I called the after hours number (it was only 7 a.m.). The doctor told me to head to a not-very-busy urgent care clinic in Scripps Green Hospital and get checked out.

Long story short -- it's a "significant" sprain. The doctor didn't see any fractures, but recovery could take between 4 and 6 weeks and I should stay off of it for at least the next 5 days.

Great weekend to be moving to a second story apartment, eh? :)

It's a good thing we hired some movers to help even before this happened because now I can't move a thing. I will try and do some packing, but carrying anything is out as I'm in an air cast and on crutches. My ankle hurts constantly and very swollen, but at least it's not broken.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, Kim! I'm so sorry, that sounds painful. You always handle things so gracefully. I would have been cursing and crying, not trying to still drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I'm glad you got it checked out...now you can sit in a "director's chair" and supervise the move with a latte in-hand! =)

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim, that sucks!!! Seriously, stay off of it. I had a sprain like this a few years ago and it took weeks. I also had crutches and an ankle brace for a couple of weeks. It still bothers me every once in a while. Get you some crutches and a brace and just boss people around this weekend...maybe even with a Margarita in hand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... maybe I'll try a latte in the morning and a margarita in the afternoon?!?

    Thanks ladies. Yeah, I'm using my desk chair as a pseudo-wheelchair. I can pack a box if I'm right in front of what needs to be packed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KIM! Oh my - how awful! I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts