Yeah, I know...

... I said I'd post this huge thing with all these photos last weekend, but I didn't and this weekend was SO busy, I didn't get to it either. The good thing is I have all the photos on my computer and a bunch of them were cropped down, so hopefully I'll be able to update more tonight.

Since I last posted so much has happened. Work has been horrible for several weeks now. Lots of unforeseen issues have come up related to the conference I plan each year for work (none of which are my fault) and lots of other busyness for not just the conference, but also for the other big event happening this weekend for work. Sigh... I worked last Saturday (the 17th) for 4 hours with my co-worker on a project for the event this weekend and then baked cookies for the baby shower I hosted this past Saturday (the 24th) with my girlfriend Amy. I love Amy... she's such a fun person to be around! We baked about 150 little alphabet cookies. I cut them all and she sugared each one in a little dish! Then last Sunday we went to a birthday party for my great Aunt (who is 97) and my cousin Katie J. It was a fun party, but I was so exhausted that we left fairly early because I had a lot of stuff to do at home. I call her Katie J. because in my family right now we have 2 Katies and 3 Steves and could have, eventually, as many as 3 Daniels. I don't know WHAT it is about repeating names, but I'm trying to make sure the names we pick for our kids won't be likely to be duplicated very soon!

This past week was very rough for me at work also and almost every day resulted in some sort of crying jag (not hormonally-related at all) due to work, the upcoming shower plans, lack of sleep or some combination of all three. I ended up taking the 23rd off of work to prepare for the shower, but had to come to campus mid-day to teach my class which didn't go that well. Oh well... every week can't be your best teaching effort, right? I have a couple of women in my all-female class that have a bit too much attitude, but they'll just have to learn that is not a good strategy to have if you want the professor to respond to you in a positive manner.

In the end I spent about 7 hours Thursday night, about 16 hours on Friday and 5 hours Saturday preparing for the baby shower and all turned out well. I'll try and post pictures soon, but I guarantee this is could be the most organized, put together baby shower most of these people will ever attend. I'm not saying that because I was in charge of it, but more because my mom and DH's help made everything so smooth, the theme was threaded through absolutely everything and even the other showers I planned haven't had this WOW factor. I think the pictures will speak volumes when I post them.

It's a new work week, and I'm still tired from the weekend, but oh well. Not much I can do about it now. BIG Sigh. Thank goodness for my loving mom and DH... without their support I'm certain I'd be nuts by now.

In tribute to the Oscars (which were last night and I watched none of, in favor of starting an Alias marathon beginning with the first episode of Season 1), I will put these answers up on my blog:

Name your all-time top five favorite movies: Zoolander, Oceans 11, A Beautiful Mind, Strictly Ballroom, Much Ado About Nothing, Passion of Mind (yes, I know that's 6).
What’s your favorite movie line? "It's a Mer-man dad, Mer-man"
Who’s your favorite movie character? Hmm... I don't think I have one, although I do like Julia Roberts' character in Oceans 11... strong, beautiful, into art.
What movie do you love that most people hate? The Pelican Brief... I love Denzel Washington's character.
What movie do you hate that most people love? Pulp Fiction.. ICK.
What was the last movie you saw? A Scanner Darkly (don't ask... it was awful).
What’s your least favorite movie ever? League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (very awful and totally pointless) or Four Rooms (horrid, my mom and I walked out).
What’s one movie have you seen that you would never ever watch again? Pulp Fiction.
What was the last DVD you saw? A Scanner Darkly (see above).
What was the first DVD you remember buying? Office Space... one of the best cult classics ever made. It would have made the most favorite movie list if it were a Top 10 list.
What movie do you relate to more than any other? The Paper.
What actor/actress would you like to look like? Reese Witherspoon or Scarlett Johannson.
What classic movie have you never seen? There are quite a few, but the one that comes to mind is Breakfast at Tiffany's.
What song would you choose be the theme song to the movie of your life story? I don't know.
What’s your favorite movie genre? Despite the fact that they're usually cheesy, I like either comedic parody or romantic comedy.
Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Actor? Matt Damon. Actress? I don't know.
What actor/actress do you refuse to see their movies? John Travolta and now, Tom Cruise.
What genre would you choose not to watch? Horror.
What’s your favorite theater concession combo? Popcorn with butter and a Diet Coke (but we never buy snacks at the movies... WAY too pricey!
Front row, Back row, Side Seats, Aisle or center? Aisle, toward the front, but not too close.

I will post more later. I made a to-do list for myself. Blog update is on tap for tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts