Where to even start?
First, I'm finally feeling better. It took me until February 3rd before I started feeling semi-normal in the GI arena. Lovely, I know, but what can I say... it was pretty brutal. My stomach still feels weird and acts up a lot and I can't help but wonder if I have an ulcer or something. Yikes... I hope not.
Second, my life has been really crazy since we got back into our apartment after the termite tenting. On that Friday we found out that my SIL is a married woman.
The last time we saw her she told us she was engaged and that they were planning a small wedding. On Friday we got a call that she was married. They knew it was the right thing for them and just decided, "Why wait?"
I'm happy for her. And while it wouldn't have been my choice to make a decision like that and I know DH would have really liked to have been there, I am very happy she is happy. Her DH is a nice guy. We hope that now that they live closer to us we'll see both of them more. I spent most of last Saturday with her, picking up stuff for their new apartment. It was fun, but a long day. Then, last night we had them over for dinner and a movie. It was a good time.
On Super Bowl Sunday I was able to go and crop at Ever After (local LSS). It was fun. The place was pretty empty, but that just gave me room to spread out and play. I did spend some cash I found in my other purse (which I really haven't done in a while)... mostly on some new Paper Salon stamps and felt American Crafts flowers, but overall it was a fun time. I wasn't a Super Bowl widow though... DH was just fixing his computer and studying for his certification exam scheduled for this past Friday.
Since then I've just spent a ton of time on stuff for work, the baby shower I'm hosting (it's in less than two weeks) and prepping for and teaching my class. My class is going well, but I am not liking teaching on Friday so much. It's not that I mind that it's Friday, but the students are mostly in SUCH a bad mood that they're in class on a Friday afternoon. I had to give them a lecture last week about how I didn't choose the class time and they needed to get over the fact that it was Friday and try to get as much out of class as possible. Sheesh... students are so often so ungrateful!
Here the first of many pictures of some things I've done lately...


I did this recipe box during a class at Ever After last month. What I loved is that they let us pick the papers and ribbons/trims for the box, so each person's was unique. I picked that cool MOD leaf patter and the Basic Grey stripe for my box so it matched my kitchen! It took me a bit of time to finish because I made extra cards for the inside so it would suit my needs better! I also suped up the top of the box, something the teacher hadn't done. That's me... gotta make it my own!
I'll post the rest of the pics tonight when I get home. I usually do blog updates on my lunch break at work, but never remember to do them at home when I have access to the pics. Oh well! Tonight I will remember! I also have to post my Creative Manifesto for this week's AEzine... how therapeutic was THAT assignment! It was super helpful for me!
More later... :-)

you do beautiful work!
ReplyDeleteplease email me: ktnryansmom@adelphia.net for the Donna Downey class info!!
Glad you are back! And feeling better! Love that recipe box and the pp you picked! Kim
ReplyDelete