Bad Blogger! Good Life!

It was my goal to be more consistent about documenting life this year and I'm not doing the best job, but I'm tryin'! Plus, it was my other goal to be contented in my life, so I can't be too hard on myself for not being a better blogger! See... it all works out in the end.

Anyway, Valentine's Day was fabulous! I had set the table with our fancy china and the beautiful potted tulips my mom gave me for V-Day in hopes of surprising DH, who usually arrives home before me. I left work early so I could make a few stops including picking up the fantastic watch I ordered for DH, a few items needed for my dinner plans and some candy at See's! I stopped first at See's and picked out custom small boxes of candy for mom and DH and small candy treats for my brothers, DH's mom and sister and our new brother-in-law. I then stopped at the store for some boneless chicken breasts (for my fabulous lowfat chicken parmigiana) fresh, wet mozzarella ('cause it's the best), some cream and fresh mint (for the creme brulee) and some salad fixings. Then, I stopped at our box and the watch had arrived! Yay for Great Timing... an online watch store through Amazon.com. The watch arrived in perfect condition and I was thrilled.

So, I arrived home to bigs hugs and smooches from DH and set off to make dinner (wearing my video iPod in its pink case while cooking) while DH took a short nap. What we ended up with is a yummy dinner of LF Chicken Parmigiana, Cheese Tortellini with Pomodoro sauce (DH bought these at Cost Plus the day before), Fresh Green Salad with FF Caesar Dressing, Garlic Bread and Creme Brulee for dessert (that I torched myself using our tiny kitchen butane torch, thank you very much). DH LOVED dinner and was very appreciative of it, plus the handpicked See's, homemade Valentine card and new watch I gave him. He was equally generous with a very sweet card, with beautiful words inside and a TON of lottery scratcher (one of my favorite treats from him). He was so generous at Christmas I did not expect, nor want anything expensive or fancy from him... so his gift was perfect! He's perfect for me. The bestest husband in the world! I love him so much!

I took photos of our dinner, my first torched creme brulee and us, but of course I'm not at home where the photos are located. I know, I stink about posting photos. I just forget when I'm at home! My DH can be so distracting... but in a good way! Anyway, I promise... this weekend, a slew of photos of our V-Day, all my current work and a new update. For now, I have to make it through today and teaching my class.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Comments

  1. Kim! I didn't know you had an active blog! How fun! I'm adding your blog to our "Favorites" list. :)

    Glad you had a great Valentine's Day! The dinner sounds delicious!

    ~Katie J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great valentine's day! So impressed about what you cooked! sounds delicious! Kim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts