There's definitely a "brain trust" at my desk...
... seeing as though I though to bring my camera to download and post 4th of July pics, but no cord to connect said camera to the computer, or a card reader, etc.
Go Kim!
The first design team meeting on Tuesday night was very good. Had a good time hearing all the juicy details, getting our first projects and seeing the other peoples' work. There's some definite talent on our team. I finished the card we were asked to do, but still working on the other assignment. I'll share both when I finish the second assignment and get the camera and the cord for the camera in the same spot.
Fourth of July was also good. Low-key seems to be our modus operandi lately, and I couldn't be happier. I worked on the card mentioned above, went to the store, got us Starbucks. Then, later in the day, I packed up a few drinks, made a 7-layer "Mexican" dip and a green salad to take to my mom's. I brought the hot dog buns, but not the dogs themselves, yet failed to realize this until after I'd opened the can of chili I got for "chili dogs" and poured the can into a saucepan. See, I'm telling you, brain trust! It's OK though, I guess. We still had enough food for an army. My mom "always goes all out" as my grandma put it last night. The spread was amazing though and very tasty. DH grilled which is always a treat!
No fireworks again this year, although it wasn't DH's fault this year. I guess I decided I didn't want to fight crowds to be able to see some, especially at 9 p.m. when I knew I'd be waking up at 5:30, regardless of what time I went to sleep.
So, I guess I'll post pics later. For now, it's back to work. Tons to accomplish today, especially since I'll be in Las Vegas tomorrow for a meeting and training. It's supposed to be 116 degrees in Las Vegas tomorrow. Oh yay! Oh, and happy early birthday to my BIL Daniel. We'll all be celebrating tomorrow night after I get back.
Go Kim!
The first design team meeting on Tuesday night was very good. Had a good time hearing all the juicy details, getting our first projects and seeing the other peoples' work. There's some definite talent on our team. I finished the card we were asked to do, but still working on the other assignment. I'll share both when I finish the second assignment and get the camera and the cord for the camera in the same spot.
Fourth of July was also good. Low-key seems to be our modus operandi lately, and I couldn't be happier. I worked on the card mentioned above, went to the store, got us Starbucks. Then, later in the day, I packed up a few drinks, made a 7-layer "Mexican" dip and a green salad to take to my mom's. I brought the hot dog buns, but not the dogs themselves, yet failed to realize this until after I'd opened the can of chili I got for "chili dogs" and poured the can into a saucepan. See, I'm telling you, brain trust! It's OK though, I guess. We still had enough food for an army. My mom "always goes all out" as my grandma put it last night. The spread was amazing though and very tasty. DH grilled which is always a treat!
No fireworks again this year, although it wasn't DH's fault this year. I guess I decided I didn't want to fight crowds to be able to see some, especially at 9 p.m. when I knew I'd be waking up at 5:30, regardless of what time I went to sleep.
So, I guess I'll post pics later. For now, it's back to work. Tons to accomplish today, especially since I'll be in Las Vegas tomorrow for a meeting and training. It's supposed to be 116 degrees in Las Vegas tomorrow. Oh yay! Oh, and happy early birthday to my BIL Daniel. We'll all be celebrating tomorrow night after I get back.

Comments
Post a Comment