I mean, seriously!
It was 117 in the shade today when I was in Las Vegas. It was disgusting. My trip was fine overall, but the heat was quite exhausting. I met with the "big guy" for our office in "Sin City," picked up some important paperwork, attended a training and spent the rest of the time exploring, if you will.
I'm slightly obsessed with The Wynn Resort. I still hold the Bellagio in a special place in my heart, but I didn't even go there today because 1) the traffic was horrendous, 2) not much time to get in and around what I'm sure were horrendous crowds inside. So, The Wynn was it today. Because of its place on the strip, and maybe because it's known for being more "high end" it isn't as crowded, which adds to its appeal. But, more than anything, what I love is the decor. It's very stylized and I'm sure many people think it's too "out there," but you can tell that Steve Wynn put a lot of his taste into the decor and his love for art shows in the hotel's "look." I only gambled for a few minutes because I was too busy taking pictures! Here are just a few. I haven't even looked at them all yet... but these made me excited!





Other than going to The Wynn and taking these photos, the only other place I went was The Rio. I was going to go to the buffet, but opted for a sandwich and lots of liquids at a cafe there. It amazes me the sheer number of people who are in Vegas in a given time and how things just keep operating on schedule there. It's quite the feat if you think about it.
After The Rio, was the airport (and rental car return). I managed to make it to the airport with enough time, but was cutting it close, only to sit in the airport for an extra 20 minutes and on the runway for almost an hour. It was annoying. The flight wasn't great either. Oh well, I'm home now... but exhausted.
More tomorrow...
I know this comment is quite late, but having just gotten back fr Vegas Fri afternoon and its 108-110 heat we endured (for short times cause trust me, too hot to walk pretty much anywhere but to the absolute next place on the strip for a reprieve), I just cannot even IMAGINE 117. U-G-H.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it back in one piece - cause we were just melting and it was easily 10 degrees "cooler" - !!!
I love the Wynn - great job of capturing some of the details!
ReplyDelete