Not so good...
Friday wasn't the greatest of days.
My mom's MRI last week revealed three new spots that needed further investigation. So, on Friday, she spent nearly 2 hours having mammograms and ultrasounds. Those results weren't so great either, so now she's scheduled to have three biopsies to confirm whether these other spots found in addition to the initial mass, are cancerous. One biopsy is not fun. Three sounds pretty miserable. The biopsies are preliminarily scheduled for this Wednesday, but I don't know if that's been confirmed yet. Surgery is preliminarily scheduled for April 29th -- what kind of surgery or how many places she'll have surgery, obviously, is yet to be determined.
The upside of Friday was that I got into the chiropractor for a much-needed adjustment and I helped mom finish and place her new yard furniture. She is very happy with how the yard looks now, so that is a plus. I took some pictures of her "mo-asis" yesterday -- it's pretty sweet.
Easter was lovely. It was a beautiful day with lots of fun with family. I will post pictures of the festivities later this week. All else in life is the same. We're hopeful that a job Steve interviewed for will become his, but we're just waiting to hear now.
I'm hangin' in...
My mom's MRI last week revealed three new spots that needed further investigation. So, on Friday, she spent nearly 2 hours having mammograms and ultrasounds. Those results weren't so great either, so now she's scheduled to have three biopsies to confirm whether these other spots found in addition to the initial mass, are cancerous. One biopsy is not fun. Three sounds pretty miserable. The biopsies are preliminarily scheduled for this Wednesday, but I don't know if that's been confirmed yet. Surgery is preliminarily scheduled for April 29th -- what kind of surgery or how many places she'll have surgery, obviously, is yet to be determined.
The upside of Friday was that I got into the chiropractor for a much-needed adjustment and I helped mom finish and place her new yard furniture. She is very happy with how the yard looks now, so that is a plus. I took some pictures of her "mo-asis" yesterday -- it's pretty sweet.
Easter was lovely. It was a beautiful day with lots of fun with family. I will post pictures of the festivities later this week. All else in life is the same. We're hopeful that a job Steve interviewed for will become his, but we're just waiting to hear now.
I'm hangin' in...

Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for your mom.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update, Kim. Please let us know when they get the biopsy results and schedule surgery, and I'll update our blog.
ReplyDeleteYour mama is in my thoughts.
ReplyDelete