Thankful...
Psalm 107:8-9 reads:Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
Seems a rather fitting set of verses for today... thankfulness and "filling the hungry with good things." And sure, the turkey, stuffing, pies, etc. are good things, but I am especially thankful that my God satisfies a hunger and thirst much harder to touch with bites of food.
- I'm also thankful for my loving family and my adorable husband. I'm thankful for great friends near and far and the Internet which gives us an affordable way to keep in touch.
- I'm thankful that I'm working (too hard, but I'm working to fix that), that my business is surviving in this tough economic time and that people allow me to do something I love to capture their beauty for them to see.
- I'm thankful for democracy, the ability to express opinions in a constructive manner, the opportunity to share and grow and love people -- all people -- more.
- I'm thankful for food in the fridge and the opportunity to cook new things (like Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Gingersnap Caramel cheesecake) and discover new things to share and enjoy.
- And simply the ability to see, smell, taste and experience new things with my eyes, hands, and mind is such a gift.
Despite the fact that there is much wrong in this world and with this world, there are also moments of great triumph of spirit and love for one another and the chance to stop and see the beauty that is all around us, whether it be another person, the love of God shining in a sometimes dark world, nature's bounty in all its resilience (when we often take it for granted), joy, laughter, hugs, or even sweet silence.
No matter what challenges are ahead or what may go on, I am still thankful. My tummy is full and my thirst is quenched.
(pictures from the Japanese Gardens in Portland, Oregon)


Amen. Thanks! =)
ReplyDeleteAnd I am thankful for you. :)
ReplyDelete