Lest you think I'm ignoring you...


In the style of a blogger who I sometimes read, I'll tell you (sarcastically) what I have NOT done since my last blog post:

I did not serve as the main photographer for SDSU's Homecoming Selection Committee. I also DID NOT take more than 1,600 photographs in the span of two days at the end of October... almost all of which were taken using a flash. No, this natural light photographer didn't shoot almost exclusively with a flash for two days. Nope.

I also did not bring my husband to help me shoot the Homecoming football game festivities and halftime crowning ceremony on the FIELD at Qualcomm stadium -- you know, where the Chargers play football? Yeah, I didn't do that either.

I also didn't see a wide receiver go back for a pass and land on my husband's left hand while taking said pictures. I also didn't see my husband struggle to get his HANDMADE wedding band off to discover it was more in the shape of a Hot Tamale candy, not a round wedding band. Nope... I didn't see that either.

And I also didn't have a 2 hour photo shoot early in the morning the day after the Homecoming football game where I shot another 450 or so pictures (including the one above which is now NOT one of my favorite photos EVER).

And for Pete's sake, I certainly did not spend much of my non-9-to-5-job-hours editing more than 200 homecoming photos or 45 family photos from that shoot the day after Homecoming-- to the point where my eyes would be crossing while clicking through edits in Photoshop CS3.

Certainly did not see my fabulous friend's band play on Halloween at a really great place and I didn't have fun taking photos of the band or my friend's daughter watching her daddy play the drums!

I also did not have 3 more photo shoots with 3 adorable families the weekend after that busy photography weekend. And I certainly didn't mistakenly write down the wrong location for the first shoot of the day, making myself 20 minutes late (and quite embarrassed).

And by golly, I didn't go with two other couples and my 80s-music-loving friend out for drinks and dancing a week ago Saturday night.

Oh, and for sure I haven't had 5 HUGE proposals due at work that required me to work funny hours, sometimes using the cushions on my couch at home to prop up my head so I could keep typing or sitting on the floor in my bathroom talking on my cell phone because it kept ringing while I had it plugged in so it would charge. No way!

This past weekend, I did NOT have 8 holiday photo session scheduled in a two-day period and I did not have to reschedule two of them because my camera gave me an not-easily-fixed error message right before a session was to start yesterday afternoon in Balboa Park.

And I certainly didn't sit on a bench in the Casa del Prado and cry over my broken camera -- like a big, weepy, photography-loving dork. Nah... I surely didn't do that!
And finally, I haven't let the order in my house completely disappear under a sea of random crap and unpacked away Halloween decorations on the dining table, the floor around the dining table or around my desk. Nope, not me!

So, as you can see, I've done a WHOLE LOT of nothing this past couple of weeks. Geez, what a lazy girl I am!

I certainly do not wish peace to all my blog readers in this seemingly tumultuous time in our world. For sure, I don't. ;)

Comments

  1. Well then, this friend doesn't love you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, that's a whole lotta nothing! =P

    You've been busy! I hope you get a break over Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts