Monday the 13th...
I guess it's not supposed to be unlucky like Friday the 13th, at least I'm hoping it isn't as I have a ton yet to accomplish and so far, I'm on track. A long list and what is proving to be a short day... I probably shouldn't be blogging right now, but my brain needed a short break between tasks.
Life's been really busy. DH's birthday was last Tuesday. I surprised him by coordinating a dinner with a few family members and friends. He was very surprised and happy I think... which is good! I have to post a picture of him with the cake I got, as well as a couple of pics from my mom's birthday (which was on the 2nd, but her party was the 5th). I did the flower arrangements and much of the food for the party and everything turned out pretty well, so I was happy about that as well.
Last week I spent most of the week at work preparing for an upcoming tradeshow, which included building our 20-foot-long booth in the conference room. It went pretty well and I now know how to put the thing together, which is going to be a big plus when I get to the convention center in about 3.5 weeks. The bad news is I broke the wall clock in the conference room when one of the booth's upper walls decided to move east on me instead of west, thus crashing into the wall. OOPS! Heh... I must say that most of the booth construction was quite the display of girl power as I had almost no help doing this huge task!
I've been participating in Ali Edwards' Daily Something challenge. I didn't photograph what I created over the weekend, but here's one of my creations from last week:
The challenge is to create something daily... just spending a few minutes in the creative process. It's been really good for me as doing this sort of thing relaxes me. This one took about 25 minutes. I'm putting the creations I am not doing for my other scrapbooks or for Scrappin' Attack in a 6 x 9 album. The different size has been refreshing for me as well.
Thankfully this weekend was very low key. When I got home on Friday after working late, I took a nap! I never take naps... usually I find something else to do instead. After my nap I did my laundry. Yes, the swingin' life of a newlywed. Ha! It was a much needed couple of loads though, so it was good to get it done.
Saturday morning I had a photo shoot with this little cutie -- 3 month old Jayden. What a sweetie! I got lots of nice photos... here are a few samples I already edited.


After the photo shoot, I had lunch at home, spent some time with DH and then had another nap! When I woke up we had talked about going to the movies to use some free passes we have, but instead decided to stay home, catch up on some shows we'd recorded and hang out. It was so relaxing! Yesterday I did some more creating -- some assignments for Scrappin' Attack are underway -- cleaned the bathroom, put away my laundry, and we had dinner at Chili's. We've been doing a pretty good job of eating out less, but it was nice to not cook last night. I really like Chili's!
Well, I guess it's back to work for me. I hope to post some birthday photos tonight, as well as update my Daily Something photos on Flickr. Have a good week everyone!
Life's been really busy. DH's birthday was last Tuesday. I surprised him by coordinating a dinner with a few family members and friends. He was very surprised and happy I think... which is good! I have to post a picture of him with the cake I got, as well as a couple of pics from my mom's birthday (which was on the 2nd, but her party was the 5th). I did the flower arrangements and much of the food for the party and everything turned out pretty well, so I was happy about that as well.
Last week I spent most of the week at work preparing for an upcoming tradeshow, which included building our 20-foot-long booth in the conference room. It went pretty well and I now know how to put the thing together, which is going to be a big plus when I get to the convention center in about 3.5 weeks. The bad news is I broke the wall clock in the conference room when one of the booth's upper walls decided to move east on me instead of west, thus crashing into the wall. OOPS! Heh... I must say that most of the booth construction was quite the display of girl power as I had almost no help doing this huge task!
I've been participating in Ali Edwards' Daily Something challenge. I didn't photograph what I created over the weekend, but here's one of my creations from last week:
The challenge is to create something daily... just spending a few minutes in the creative process. It's been really good for me as doing this sort of thing relaxes me. This one took about 25 minutes. I'm putting the creations I am not doing for my other scrapbooks or for Scrappin' Attack in a 6 x 9 album. The different size has been refreshing for me as well.Thankfully this weekend was very low key. When I got home on Friday after working late, I took a nap! I never take naps... usually I find something else to do instead. After my nap I did my laundry. Yes, the swingin' life of a newlywed. Ha! It was a much needed couple of loads though, so it was good to get it done.
Saturday morning I had a photo shoot with this little cutie -- 3 month old Jayden. What a sweetie! I got lots of nice photos... here are a few samples I already edited.


After the photo shoot, I had lunch at home, spent some time with DH and then had another nap! When I woke up we had talked about going to the movies to use some free passes we have, but instead decided to stay home, catch up on some shows we'd recorded and hang out. It was so relaxing! Yesterday I did some more creating -- some assignments for Scrappin' Attack are underway -- cleaned the bathroom, put away my laundry, and we had dinner at Chili's. We've been doing a pretty good job of eating out less, but it was nice to not cook last night. I really like Chili's!
Well, I guess it's back to work for me. I hope to post some birthday photos tonight, as well as update my Daily Something photos on Flickr. Have a good week everyone!

I really love that red paper! Nice selection!
ReplyDelete