Yes, yes, I'm still here...

Aunt Vera at her 100th Birthday Party at my Grandma's house on February 13, 2010. She passed away just a few days after she officially turned 100.
*Gasp!* An artsy photo I took after a photo session in Coronado. I love those bikes all lined up!
Acoustic Alchemy at Anthology in February. They were AWESOME!

Ahhhhh... the Carlsbad Flower Fields! I went twice this year, once with mom. I cannot get enough of the place and I'm sad it's closed for the season. ... And not only am I still here, but I'm doing better. Those boundaries I spoke of in that post three months ago (yeah, sorry for leaving that photo of my couch up for so long)? Those boundaries are getting a little bit better. I'll tell you one thing: I'm feeling WAY less guilty for limiting how much help I offer to people, particularly those I don't have any sort of affinity for, in any way, that's for sure! I still "overhelp" but at least now I'm much more conscious of what I'm doing and that it's important to take care of me too.
Since I last posted, I have: started working out at the gym at least three times a week (most of the time I go with my mom, which is great); stopped eating fast food (OK, pretty much cut back to just the very occasional visit); lost my great aunt just after she celebrated her 100th birthday (she was ready to see Jesus, so I know she's happy now); taken care of my mom post-reconstruction surgery (she's doing great now); went to a concert; taken lots of photos... many of which were just for me (a welcome change); replanted my patio pots, so I have lovely flowers and soon, some seeds, growing out there; and much more.
There has been travel for work, too many deadlines to count, and some internal decisions about how I want to handle things there in the future, which I cannot discuss here. I helped put together some presentations for awards that my group won for a big project which made me feel really good.
I posted a few photos above of some of my adventures. I hope to have lots more in the coming months with summer arriving and all. I also hope to finish up my Week in the Life project this weekend and post the results... it was very fun.
Things are good. Hopefully it will be less than three months before I post again!

I'm glad to see you back on the blog. I know it's been a difficult time lately but I hope the fog continues to lift. A virtual ((hug)) for you!
ReplyDeleteHey, I missed you! Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you are doing better. I love that pic of your mom...just classy.
ReplyDelete