It's all a series of blurs... and I wasn't even drinking, well wasn't drinking much!

I haven't posted since last year! So yeah, lame joke, I know. You see, the last time I posted was immediately prior to what began a super busy holiday season. I know that's no excuse, but alas, it's all I've got right now.

Our Christmas was alright. Steve was very sick from December 23rd through New Year's Day which was a bummer (for him, certainly, and for me and the rest of his family as he wasn't his usual self) and he's still got a cough from what could be the worst cold I've ever witnessed him having. Despite my absolute best intentions to make this holiday less stressful and to do activities that I associate with holiday joy, that didn't really happen. It seriously was a blur. I was glad to see my cousins Ed and Susan from Missouri and their cutie pie, Peter, who were here shortly before Christmas. I was also glad that this year we spent time with Steve's family and mine on the days immediately around and on Christmas itself. The gifts we received were more than generous and the food we ate tasty, but even looking at some of the photos I took it's quite apparent I was sort of "out of it."

Our Christmas cards turned into New Year's cards as I was too busy getting clients set-up and settled with their holiday portraits prior to Christmas. If we know you IRL (in real life) expect something in the mail this weekend!

Since the holidays, I'll admit, I've been struggling. I've never been a person short of motivation and although I'm still busy doing plenty of things, I've just been having a hard time accomplishing some of the things on my to-do list. That being said, blogging has been pushed to the back burner until I regain some "spirit" and momentum. I'm not sure anyone wants to read about me feeling blah, the seemingly palpable stress in my office, or day after day of "today I typed on a computer for 7 hours straight" and so forth.

Ala Ali Edwards I picked a word again for this year -- THRIVE. And let me tell you... it's been a tough word to live with, ponder and figure out how exactly I thrive right now. I picked THRIVE because it's a verb and I feel like it's time to try and take some real action in my life. The word literally means: To make steady progress; prosper OR To grow vigorously; flourish. This is the year I want to do both. I want to prosper and flourish despite obstacles. To start the year, I've been writing some things in a journal about my word and hope to integrate some creative projects into my year of THRIVE, but I haven't yet.
I have made some lists of things I want to accomplish this year and hope to share those soon. I think I want to review what I wrote and perhaps edit it a bit, but needless to say blogging regularly, as well as overhauling the look of both this blog and the Captured Bliss blog are high on my list of things to do.

Thanks for being patient with me. I appreciate your graciousness and I hope that soon my blog will be up and posts will be joyful, colorful and often.

Comments

  1. Glad you're back! I was wondering how ya'all were out there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrive - I like it! This is going to be a good year, I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts