September is Upon Us...
I like how the light starts to change a bit in September, almost a foreshadowing of approaching autumn... my favorite season. I definitely used to be a summer lover, but in retrospect I think I just liked summer because it was vacation time and swimming time, neither of which I get much of anymore. I love autumn because of the golden light; the cooler temperatures; warming myself by a glowing hearth; toasting marshmallows; drinks and treats spiced with cinnamon; the warm, cozy colors; the holidays and the knowledge that the Christmas Season is on the horizon. I'll have to break out some of my fall decorations here soon... watch out neighbors -- I do own a scarecrow and I'm not afraid to put him out!!
The coming fall also brings an intensified desire in me to "make stuff," namely with paper, fabric or food. Alas, I will be bringing you a few pictures of some things I've made recently:
I made this birthday card for my friend, Meg, using primarily the Amy Butler Belle Paper by K & Co. , some Amy Butler brads and paper pieces and some Making Memories trim, among other things. I love the sorta old world, kitschy feel it has... and the bold colors make it extra chic, in my opinion.
And while we're on the subject of Amy Butler, if you're a sewer or a fabric lover, you know her for her fabrics and patterns. Well, I love me some Amy Butler and when I saw a scrapbook tote made in her fabrics, I snatched it up. I have since used the tote for sewing class, as a general tote bag and have been told I could use it as a diaper bag in the future. It's a very comfortable size and has a nice strap. I highly recommend the Amy Butler Tote - Sola.
On this card I used American Crafts Rub-ons and American Crafts Paper (Spring and Summer designs) for my mom, but they came out with some ADORABLE designs for fall and winter. Look at this cute paper with thumbtacks and paper clips!
I also submitted my work for the KI Memories Design Team. I can't show you what I submitted until they make their decisions, but I am not too optimistic about making it only because I'm not a "famous or published" scrapbook artist. But man-oh-man, do I love their products. I used their lace cardstock and frosty paper on my entries for the design team, but also on this layout. For fall they have this cool school-lined paper and lace cardstock which is awesome to cut apart, create borders, etc. I love this apple pattern for fall... think of the school pages, apple pie pages, apple picking pages you could make with it.
And fall is not complete without either camping, or scrapping camping pictures, right? Well, Cosmo Cricket's Mr. Campy line is perfect. Seriously, who can resist stickers that are shaped like waving, jovial S'mores ingredients anyway (see the waving chocolate bar and marshmallow)??? And this leaf paper is perfect for cards, place cards, pages, place mats, door signs, etc.

Going back to August for a moment, the wrap-up of my birthday celebrations was oh-so-nice! My dear friend, Amy, hosted an amazing dinner party for me and Steve and I had the best time! Again, I didn't bring my camera, but I'm counting on Amy to delivers some photos for me. She prepared a lovely meal and it was so nice to sit around with people who had come to celebrate my being born, watch their kids run around and chat up a storm!
Just a few days after this, my mom and I headed to Laguna Beach to the Sawdust Festival. It's always nice to browse around there and see what artists are doing. Afterwards we had lunch at our favorite spot there, Las Brisas. I have never had a bad meal there EVER. It's yummy and has a gorgeous view. We snapped some pictures, headed to Room & Board for a browse around and then headed home. All in all, it was a fun day together.
The rest of my free moments I've been working on sprucing up our place a bit -- trying to figure out knick-knacks and artwork, keep my balcony plants alive despite the latest, brutal heat wave, and spend time with husband, all while keeping the photo business going! Here are images from two of my latest sessions! I have an engagement shoot and a maternity/family shoot this weekend, so it should be pretty fun!
This is pretty Sydney and her mom and dad. A photogenic bunch to be sure!







There is definitely more coming this week, so bye for now!

Autumn is my favorite too. Not that we get much of it here.
ReplyDeleteI do have pictures, but I am having a hard time figuring how to get them off of that cool camera we are borrowing. I'll bump this up in priority.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a busy bee! :)
ReplyDelete