Random bits about my days...

  • At my new job, I listen to music on headphones almost all day long. This means that for several hours a day, there are tunes streaming into my ears and blocking out a bit of the world. Bajofondo Tango Club, Incognito, Basia, Stevie Wonder, The National, Beck, Ivan Lins, Madonna, Radiohead... the list goes on and on and on. The headphones I wear are noise cancelling and most of the time, they do block out the conversations around me, but not always. Sometimes I pretend I cannot hear what people are saying because they really shouldn't be saying it, or because it's a totally inane conversation. Just because you don't think someone can hear you, doesn't give you permission to be rude or dumb.
  • I am very in love with indoor plants right now. I have three on my desk at work and I'm about to add a fourth. My favorite plant on my desk is a Maranta leuconeura erythroneura or a Prayer Plant. Its leaves fold up at night, as your hands might (or should) in prayer. People keep trying to tell me its dying, which I think is odd because it has tons of new leaves sprouting out right within view -- but they insist the leaves being down (during the light) means its on its way out.  Guess they don't pray at night?
  • I bought a Smash book  to keep bits of things that I don't want to scrapbook, but don't want to throw away either. Right now there is a bunch of cool fortune cookie prophecies, a comic someone clipped about being a "prefectionist" and some magazine clippings. I'm enjoying putting things in the book without contemplating whether it's worth a full scrapbooking page.
  • Sometimes, owning a camera and being good with it draws "friends" to you who aren't really friends at all. And when you're nice, you own a camera and you know how to use it, people try even harder to be your "friend" ... I'm just sayin'.
  • At some point in the last few months I injured my rotator cuff and the tendon in my forearm. All of the abuse I subjected myself to when packing and moving made the injury worse. I'm now in week three of physical therapy to help with both injuries. Let's just say some days washing my hair is P-A-I-N-F-U-L.
The downstairs of our new place is pretty much done, so I will post pictures very soon. I'm currently trying to finish up the master bath organization and my office/creative space. I hope that I'll be done with those soon so I can just LIVE in the space and enjoy it! That's all for now...





.





Comments

  1. Thanks for the update...hope you get pics up of your new place!

    And okay, maybe I'm just trying to be your friend here, but too bad you aren't local so you can take pictures at our birth (which hopefully is any day). =P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts