We See the Future and it Looks Good!
Wowza, another extended blog hiatus! I go in to each blog post with such good intentions about posting more frequently and then, things just seem to go crazy for lack of a better way to explain it and then it has been four months with no updates. Darnit! I will try and be better, I will, I will!
The picture above is actually from the Central California coast when we visited during a road trip we took in late 2009... I just love how Steve is looking into the distance -- it warms my heart and reminds me of his inner spirit!
Things are good around these parts. I've been at my new job for about 100 days and so far, so good. It's obvious to me that I don't think I'm going to be doing work in this industry for the rest of my life, but for now, it is a good job with nice people and I have a view of the Pacific Ocean out the window in front of me every day, so things could be much worse!
Also, after much searching and praying, we found a new place to live. We moved on the weekend of May 21, so things are still really messy and in boxes, but we are happy with the new place. Honestly, it is truly amazing we found something that met our criteria (closer to work/with enough space/in a decent neighborhood/in our price range) as I saw lots of mint green walls, ratty kitchens and yards overgrown with weeds and San Diego is not a very easy market to find something affordable that isn't really run down. We moved about 20 miles south of where we were living into a two-story house in a quiet neighborhood. The house is just a few miles from Steve's office and just a few miles further than a few to my office. We feel very blessed to have found this place and we're slowly working to make it our own.
I should have some photos to share of our new place soon. For now, I'm going to try and keep unpacking, despite nursing an injured rotator cuff and arm, and keep on truckin'. More to follow (soon, I hope, but my track record isn't stellar).


Thanks so much for the update, Kim! I've been wondering how you all were!
ReplyDeletePlease send us your new address when you have time. =)
I love that photo of Steve! Glad to hear of your new home, and that you are enjoying your new job. Hope to see photos!
ReplyDelete