Family Dinner = Goodness All Around!
It's awesome to see family, particularly when you so rarely get to see them in person. Such was the case tonight when my grandma hosted a dinner for my cousins and their kids... The Boojes (Life in Sandals on the blog roll). Since I know Booja is one of the few (read: only) people who read my blog, I thought it I should share a few of the pics from the evening.
After a yummy dinner of ham, macaroni and cheese, green beans, corn and fruit, Boojie and Sparky got to open early Christmas presents from Great Grandma and Aunt Maureen. It was fun! Aunt Maureen got Boojie some hand puppets and cars, and Sparky some hand puppets and a learning turtle. Grandma gave both kids some books which were a big hit.
Little Sparky is such a cutie! She's playing with a Mr. Potato Head that is at least 25 years old and still "kickin'!"
My cousins Amy and Melissa hanging out. Amy is wearing a sombrero from Melissa's Spanish class presentation from earlier in the day, I think... otherwise, it's just weird.
After a yummy dinner of ham, macaroni and cheese, green beans, corn and fruit, Boojie and Sparky got to open early Christmas presents from Great Grandma and Aunt Maureen. It was fun! Aunt Maureen got Boojie some hand puppets and cars, and Sparky some hand puppets and a learning turtle. Grandma gave both kids some books which were a big hit.
Boojie with his stash... note the bag on his arm.
Grandma reading Boojie one of his new books.
Both kids with their Great Grandma... please note the cute "cheese" face on Boojie.
Because I was lazy on my way out of the house, I didn't bring my external flash or the softbox that fits on it. (Bad Kim) So, I had to convert some photos to black and white to save them. This one of Sparky is cute!
Here she is checking to make sure nothing else is inside the bag.
It was a wonderful evening of conversation, puppet shows/musical theatre performance (including a performance of the rarely heard "Angels We Have Heard of High" and "A Dog Named Byngo" medley), and lots of laughs. I wish the Boojes lived closer! It was so good to see them!









Yay Kim! I'm happy to see you blogging again!
ReplyDeleteYay! Fun photos! We had such a good time with you all...I'm so glad we at least get to see the SD folks once a year!
ReplyDelete