How is it June???

So, I've sat down in front of the computer, intent on writing a blog post so many times in the past few weeks and something has happened to distract me EVERY single time! And then, you know how it is... there's so much to write and it seems kinda overwhelming to get it all down on the screen and there's that show to watch, that pile to try and sort, that proposal to write, etc., etc.?

Yeah, so that's been me for the past month! Yikes! I think that's the longest I've ever gone without a post. I wholeheartedly apologize. Thanks for inquiring about me Booja... things are, well, things are going pretty well.

The biggest news -- my dear, sweet husband has a new job. Hallelujah! It's such an answer to prayers and lots of hard work on his part. He's back in his field (clinical research), his co-workers seem nice and they have fancy coffee machines that are free! What more could he ask for? ;) It will take some time for us right ourselves after the time we spent with less money coming in, but the future looks bright. I'm so proud of Steve for being diligent and continuing to apply and interview and apply until the right job came along!

Other big news -- my photography website is almost done! As soon as it's finished I'll let everyone know. Also, I have created a blog for the business as well. I'm sure there will still be some crossover posts as it is part of my life, but I hope to use that blog to showcase previews for clients, share about locations and funny photo moments, as well as announce some periodic session specials!

The main reason I've been away from the blog for so long is my job. It's really starting to wear on me. Today I was told that we're holding off on hiring someone else for our department. My department used to be 3 full-time people and an assistant, now it's me, my boss and my co-worker who is only in the office 7 hours a week. So basically, we're constantly swamped. And even when there isn't a deadline bearing down on us (or 6 in the case of last week), I'm trying to play catch-up with all the tradeshow and promotional planning I'm supposed to be doing. Oh, and the e-newsletter I'm supposed to be creating for our business line. Sometimes it's so much stuff at once that I literally shut down and have trouble finishing anything completely. This is not the motivational kind of overwhelming either -- quite the opposite. I'm reading a book about how to not come home from work exhausted, but I've stalled on getting through it because I'VE BEEN TOO EXHAUSTED WHEN I GET HOME TO READ THE BOOK! Hah. That makes me laugh. I suppose I'll figure something out.

Let's see, what else...

Well, there was a trip to San Francisco for a work training session. I took some photos in the couple of hours I had between the end of the training and my flight:




There wasn't a lot of downtime on this trip and it certainly wasn't as fun as my trip in February with my husband, but I was happy with some of the shots I captured, especially the ones I got while hanging off the side of a Cable Car. If you're going to ride, in my opinion, the only way to go is to stand and hang off the side... preferably in the front of the car (which I was)!

I have had two great shoots in the past week... I have lots of little boy clients. I hope to share some pictures of Beckett and Brady again soon. Tomorrow I have an SDSU shoot and will be helping my grandma download her photos from her trip to Italy, Greece and Croatia with my mom. I hope I can show them that it was a good decision to go digital!

There is lots more to say, I'm certain, but I'm going to go for now. I've been trying to keep things in the proper perspective since my last post and I've been doing an OK job. What this also means is that it's time to get off the Internet and do some scrapbooking before I hit the sack. Scrapbooking makes me happy. Happy is good. Hope all is well with everyone!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the new job, Steve!

    Welcome back, Kimberly...thanks for the update! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts