Bad, Bad Blogger...

It's December 18 and I haven't blogged once yet. What is wrong with me? I'm a bad blogger!

Well, let's see... I've been uber-busy. We had a HUGE presentation for work a week ago yesterday and I was pretty much working my tushy off for that. The presentation went really well and now we just wait to hear. We are hopeful, but not overly confident or cocky. I feel like I did a really good job, in fact, the best job I could do... so well, I did everything I could and now it's in God's hands.

In addition to that project, I've been editing and taking photos like a mad woman. I had photo shoots on November 10, 18, 24, 25 and December 2 with my holiday shoots and then I had group clients on the 6th and 8th. All the clients needed to see proofs right? So that meant lots of very late nights and swamped weekends for Kim. I have the group shots left to edit, but otherwise I'm done. I also am doing a short shoot on the 23rd for a client who is in from the Bay Area for Christmas, so that should be interesting since I still have pretty much all of my Christmas shopping left to do! Here is some of my latest work:






Oh yeah, Christmas! :)

In addition to all that photo work, we've (Steve and I) have been shoe horning in social activities to our schedules. We had an early celebration with my MIL, SIL and BIL last Thursday and we have one this Thursday with my dad, stepmom and brothers who will be out of town for Christmas. We also had my office Christmas luncheon (for which my mom and I did flowers and decorations) last Friday (the 14th) and I baked cookies with my mom on Sunday. I have my last Bible Study of this year tonight, my Grandma's birthday this Saturday night, followed by my boss' Christmas party and we have yet to fully decorate our tree, which we just purchased last night! Eeeek!

It was my hope this year to not get too stressed out by the holidays, but I must say between my "9-5 job" (hah, which has not been 9-5 lately), the growing photo business (which I love dearly) and my other obligations, it's been hard to not get bogged down in it all. So far I seem to be doing OK, other than catching a cold from the lack of sleep and all the germs floating around, I am keeping healthy, happy and calm. I think we'll divide up the shopping lists like we did last year and get the rest of that done on Friday afternoon and Sunday, wrap on Monday and then head over for an early Christmas Eve/Birthday Party on Monday at my aunt and uncle's, followed by church. On Christmas Day we'll actually sleep in a little and then head to my mom's for brunch and then to my grandma's for the family celebration and dinner! The day after Christmas we have a reunion party with some of my high school friends -- it's every year during the Christmas season -- and then the day after I have a Happy Hour with my girlfriends! We're also pretty sure that we're going to have company at least one day that weekend and then we're probably going to my SIL and BIL's place for New Year's Eve!

I think I'd better schedule in some more sleeping time! I promise to post more in a few days... but I hope everyone is having a great season so far!

Comments

  1. I love love love that first pic! We'll have to hook up sometime when we are out in Cali so you can do a real shoot with Boojie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts